It is seriously the easiest thing in the world. I kid you not.
Choose an HQ image and shrink it down to however small you want it. This was originally 1080p size, which I shrunk down to 1000px in width.
Duplicate the original layer and set it to COLOUR DODGE.
Invert the colour dodge layer and your image should disappear into almost all white (except for a few parts here and there). This is completely normal.
Now add a GRADIENT MAP layer in plain black to white (Layer -> New Adjustment Layer -> Gradient Map). Or you can also add a HUE/SATURATION adjustment layer and set the saturation to -100.
Click on the layer set to colour dodge and go to Filter -> Blur -> Gaussian Blur. Adjust the amount of blur according to your image. With this particular photo, my radius was set to 30.0 pixels.
Now the line art portion is coming into place, but we have all this background that we need to get rid of.
Click on Layer -> New Fill Layer -> Solid Colour and set it to white. Click on the layer mask portion and inverse it so that it’s black (you can use Ctrl+I if you’re PC or Command+I if you’re on a Mac).
Using the Eraser Tool, we are going to erase the background until it’s only our subject.
Tada! We are finished! To place it on a coloured background, just COPY MERGE (Edit -> Copy Merged) all the layers, paste on a new document with a coloured background and set it to MULTIPLY. Lower the opacity for a softer & more vintage feel.
That’s it! You are finished. Super easy.
- eeliknij likes this
- kikunoi likes this
- blood-of-thunder likes this
- ohjimins likes this
- akavamps likes this
- mcmosby likes this
- hecatescrossroads likes this
- scottfullers likes this
- that-crazy-fan-girl reblogged this from itsphotoshop
- sokkasm-and-meat-guy reblogged this from itsphotoshop
- admiredaniel likes this
- sleepingheros likes this
- bansheerps reblogged this from tifferini
- illshednotears reblogged this from chaoticresources
- krizitao reblogged this from pscs5
- nacholeigh likes this
- wolvestillinski likes this
- alchemicgoddess reblogged this from tetsukun
- alchemicgoddess likes this
- abbiemillskicksass likes this
- hawnnibal reblogged this from tifferini
- autumnbookgirl likes this
- shoppingphotos reblogged this from itsphotoshop
- avielelloy likes this
- iluvvideosngames reblogged this from tetsukun
- kawaiiyomi likes this
- i-shall-be-a-random-blog likes this
- i-shall-be-a-random-blog reblogged this from tetsukun
- tsukihihi likes this
- 0-kiryuu likes this
- sakitamas likes this
- webslte likes this
- ashyumi likes this
- uwugod likes this
- fairytail-is-the-best likes this
- tetsukun reblogged this from itsphotoshop
- shinkanos likes this
- cigbuttsandcawfee likes this
- shipsanddip likes this
- scottymccalled reblogged this from itsphotoshop
- butyoutried reblogged this from itsphotoshop
- haryalculie likes this
- gildedcrownsrpg likes this
- liampaineed likes this
- obrynmartel likes this
- beergene likes this
- aconiteresources reblogged this from itsphotoshop
- ohweasleyking likes this
- jamalroth likes this
- bmtwho likes this